Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Robinson Cano Drops Scott Boras as Agent, Hires Jay-Z

Cano Wallpaper

As a member of the Yankees, Robinson Cano has been in a New York State of mind since his breakout rookie season of 2006.
But the All-Star second baseman took that to a new level today, dropping uber agent Scott Boras and becoming the first athlete to sign up with Roc Nation Sports, an agency headed by Jay-Z.
"At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors on and off the field," Cano said in a statement.
"I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates."

Insiders confirm that Mr. Beyonce is looking to become a certified sports agent, first in baseball and eventually in basketball and football.
He already owns a stake in the Brooklyn Nets (and is stuck dealing with Kris Humphries as a result), but would need to sell it if he ever represented professional basketball players.
Cano, meanwhile, is a fantastic first-get for his company.
One of the top five players in the game and the only good young player on the Yankees, he's primed to sign a new $200 million deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment