Sunday, March 31, 2013

Kwame Harris, Ex-NFL Player, Comes Out as Gay

In an interview with CNN yesterday, former San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders offensive tackle Kwame Harris came out as a homosexual.
Harris had been arrested in January for beating an ex-boyfriend and said he underwent significant stress and pressure, keeping his sexuality a secret during his playing days.
“You want to escape the despair and turmoil and your mind goes to dark places,” Harris said of keeping his sexuality secret. “I’m happy today, and I’m glad they were just ideas and I didn’t act on any of them.
“The cost was great not speak candidly open about myself in complete manner,” Harris said. “If I could have done it differently, I would have hoped I found the strength [to come out].”

No comments:

Post a Comment